- What can you do to reduce the money you pay out each month for the HR administrative costs you need to have to run your business?
- What can you do to eliminate the roadblocks, obstacles, inefficiencies and mistakes that drain time, energy and money from your business?
There is nothing good about having a lot of cost and overhead in your business. It is necessary but the less you have to pay out the more you get to keep.
Cost reduction comes in two ways: (1) from actually paying fewer dollars for the same product or service and (2) Not incurring the expense in the first place. The first you see in front of you. It is obvious and the action can be very easy to see. Cut the expense. The second is the hidden costs of mistakes, errors, poor judgment. People doing things slower than they could if they were engaged. People miscounting or breaking something or making decisions that hurt everyone in the end.
What actions can you take to reduce the actual expenses for the items you need to run your business? Examine everything you do. Are you assuming that your current providers are giving you the best deals? Have you looked at other providers for payroll and benefits?
Quality can be defined as “adherence to standards”. Have you defined, articulated and communicated your standards clearly to your employees? Compliance is making sure that you and your people know the right thing to do and then do it accurately, safely and consistently every time. When people decide to take “short cuts”, the time and money that are theoretically saved are spent on the back end with mistakes, errors and accidents. The old advertising saying hold true: “Pay me now or pay me later.” If you decide to pay me later, then the cost is going to be significantly higher. “What just happened to me?” is not something you want to be saying after the fact.
Each of the areas we have identified in the Cost and Compliance Center can bring you a positive result with a thorough review and examination. Ask your TalentValue advisor to discuss what you can do that can make a difference in your costs?
- Your HR Q & A Center – where you can turn for guidance when you are not really sure.
- Your HR Resource Center – where information is available in a quick and easy to find format
- Your HR Audit – where you can discover where you are OK and where you are vulnerable
- Employee Handbooks – where you can write down the rules necessary to run the company
- Payroll – where you can find solutions to accurately paying your people when they need to be paid.
- Time & Attendance – where you can keep track of the hours your people are working
- HRIS Integration – where software and IT systems can make your entire organization run more smoothly.
A special note in working with this site.
As you examine the HR and Business issues you find throughout this site, click on words highlighted in gold if this area is of special interest or you just want to find out more information. It will be placed into Your Challenges Checklist to the right. When you are ready hit “Submit” and fill out the rest of the form. It will help us work with you to provide the information you want; to answer the questions you have.
Take the first small step and tell us how can we help you? Thank you.